Most of us know Spotify for music, but did you know it also has audiobooks, including plenty of great stories for kids to listen to at bedtime?
For our kids, this has proven to be a great way to wind down (and also an excellent way to entertain the troops on rainy days or during car trips).
You can listen to the stories for free but if you have a Spotify subscription you can also download them, and you don’t have to put up with advertisements.
Here are some of our favourite stories.
- Dr Seuss Presents Green Eggs & Ham (plus two other Dr Seuss albums: Cat in the Hat and Fox in Sox)
- The Tales of Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit)
- Winnie The Pooh (plus a Pooh story read by A.A. Milne)
- Disney’s Cars story (just the one, but has still been much listened to in our house)
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- The Nutcracker
- Kenneth Branagh: Fairy Tales (a mix of stories and music)
- Bedtime Rhymes and Stories
- Wind in the Willows
- Peter and the Wolf
- The Best Ever Children’s Songs and Stories
In Het Nederlands
- De Leukste Verhaaltjes van Annie MG Schmidt (Jip en Janneke en nog meer!)
- Woezel en Pip Voorleesverhalen
- Kikker Heeft de Blues (en Kikker Swingt)
- De Allerleukste Kabouter Verhaaltjes
Sweet dreams, everyone. Slaap lekker!